Stars you feel are overrated

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Glow worm said:
Elvis (never got him at all- Shakey was miles better!)

I'm SO glad I'm not the only one!! (and someone else said it earlier too).

I don't know what it is, but I tend to be very suspicious of most things that are amazingly poplular! (unless there is a very good reason behind it like the technological marvel that was Concorde), I always have been, even as a kid, and I guess I always will be.

Why are people so shallow and vain that they have to pander to everything that's popular?? (Says me asking on here what the best bikes are!).

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I like a lot of Johnny Cash stuff, including the stuff he did towards the end ('American' series) but I don't get why his "Hurt' song and vid is considered so moving... to me, it's just OK... I don't like the song very much, I guess.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I have hearing problems, so for years I never really bothered with music other than tunes.

Now that I've got I - Tunes on my here Mac, I am able to download things as I please, and quite frankly, there are some groups out there which I have heard of a lot, but to me, do not seem able to produce many decent things at all!

That said, I do tend to pick out my favourite tunes/songs from groups, and quite a few of them, such as the Clash, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin have been mentioned on here.

I just listen to what I like, not what I'm told to like. Simple.

The music I can't stand however is Dance and Heavy Metal. The latter just sounds like some hideous industrial accident to me!!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
upsidedown said:
Me neither, or Tommy Cooper.

I went to see my neighbour and knocked on their door. The lady of the house answered, I thought she looked a bit odd. I asked her if her husband was in. 'Johnny passed away this morning I'm afraid,' she said.

'Oh dear, that's awful' I said 'What happened?'

'Well he just told me he felt a bit poorly and took to his bed and that was it.'

I didn't know what to say. I asked if she was with him at the end. 'Yes. I was,' she sobbed. I asked if he managed any last words. 'Well, yes a few,' she said.

So I asked her, 'He didn't mention a tin of red paint did he?'

TVC

Hilldodger said:
Yer can't say that about Kasabian, yer form Lestah!

You'l be slagging Showaddywaddy next....................

Half the people I work with claim to have gone to school with various members of Kasabian, or have them live next door to their auntie:rolleyes:

I just don't get them...

Showaddywaddy however are Gods, I ended up on stage with them at Leicester Poly in the '80s....happy days!

I would never call them 'stars', but people in the public eye and are 'popular'!

For starters:

The Beatless
The Rolling Stones
Leonardo Cappucino
Michael Flaherty
Any jazz band, especially modern jazz! :smile:
Julia Roberts
Jay Leno
Conan O'Brien
Paul Cohelho

Top Bottom