Stars you feel are overrated

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jig-sore

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
tyred said:
I'll be brave and say Morecombe and Wise. I never understood why they were considered so funny.

no way, got to but in on that one, they are legends :laugh:

PS: numan had two decent songs, so he doesn't even get the credit of being a one hit wonder :ohmy:

Debian

Morecombe & Wise, and Tommy Cooper were comic geniuses.

Overrated:

Peter Kay
Ricky Gervais
The entire cast of Little Britain
The Beatles
Oasis
Led Zep
Pink Floyd (after Syd Barrett}
Sting
Britney Spears
Madonna
Coldplay
Mariah Carey

any "comedian" that has to use bad language and / or toilet humour to be "funny" - they aren't.

............. Bored now, I could go on for hours.

Be simpler and quicker to list those I think not to be overrated.

Debian said:
Morecombe & Wise, and Tommy Cooper were comic geniuses.

Overrated:

Peter Kay
Ricky Gervais
The entire cast of Little Britain
The Beatles
Oasis
Led Zep
Pink Floyd (after Syd Barrett}
Sting
Britney Spears
Madonna
Coldplay
Mariah Carey

any "comedian" that has to use bad language and / or toilet humour to be "funny" - they aren't.

............. Bored now, I could go on for hours.

Be simpler and quicker to list those I think not to be overrated.
Exept IMHO Billy Connolly who has turned swearing into an art form and when he's not on stage and is doing his touring programmes is quite good.

mangaman

Rhythm Thief said:
Syd Barret would be on my overrated list. I can't understand why everyone thinks he was a genius. What's so clever about writing sixth form poetry, setting it to piss poor music and mixing it by moving your hands randomly over the mixing desk in "interesting shapes and patterns"?:smile:

Generally, but I'm quite partial to "See Emily Play" in fact I think it's a great song. The rest of his stuff I agree is average and a bit pretentious and only remembered because of his strange life.

Overrated - U2
Oasis
Robbie Williams (wasn't he voted the best singer of the 20th century :angry:)

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Dayvo said:
Any jazz band, especially modern jazz! :smile:

NO NO NO!!

Because of my brain damage, I can find myself getting distracted from doing work if there is any fluctuating background noise, especially music or people speaking.

I have found that Jazz is the only thing I can listen too which doesn't produce this effect (along with Classical music). I just find it so relaxing and you don't have to listen to it very carefully either.

Doug - Currently listening to Humphrey Lytleton, which isn't terribly random in style, I'll admit.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
slowmotion said:
Oh please! Billy Connolly is dire.:smile:

What people don't seem to realise is that he doesn't swear to make a joke, it's just the way he speaks and is like that due to his background (I had a next door neighbour once who was exactly the same. It wasn't meant to be offensive or anything, it was just the way he was and he couldn't speak any other way! For long enough anyway).

Swearing can cheapen things, I know, but at the same time, on hearing some complaints, I just have to think

'Oh get a grip, please!'.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Ben Elton
Jack Dee...

...actually, all those self-congratulating tossers in "stand up" comedy.

Arthur Smith? He knows how to swear! Top man, in my book.

mangaman

Rhythm Thief said:
Tracy Emin is arrogant and right up her own arse, which in my book is a bigger sin than simply being shite. Which I also think she is.

Even more pithy :smile: I agree - I think she comes across as solipsistic and vacuous.

Top Bottom