Stars you feel are overrated

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Simply Red :ohmy:

Level 42 :thumbsup::ohmy:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Peter Tosh was way better than Bob Marley, IMVHO, but I think that I never really got the point of the whole musical genre. I probably didn't have access to enough ganga at the time.

mangaman

PaulB said:
Nice one, I like that. But I'd put Lee 'Scratch' Perry ahead of anyone on the reggae field. In fact, in front of anyone in ANY field. There aren't enough trees in the whole world that could be pulped to produce enough paper to give righteous credit to that man.

Good call - probably the coolest guy in history.

A bit bonkers mind. But responsible for great stuff like this

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSuUOtj4mSU

although it only really sounds great with a huge sound system with the base cranked up and a massive spliff ;)

PaulB

Legendary Member
mangaman said:
Good call - probably the coolest guy in history.

A bit bonkers mind. But responsible for great stuff like this

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSuUOtj4mSU

although it only really sounds great with a huge sound system with the base cranked up and a massive spliff ;)

Funnily enough, when we went to see him in about 2007 at the Liverpool Academy, we walked out stoned and yet we hadn't deliberately partaken, simply because the majority in there were exhaling de weed:ohmy:

Lloyd Grossman, the name says it all, his voice is akin to nails down a blackboard.

Funtboy said:
One of the greatest pop bands ever!

OK they are, but the world seems to treat them as gods and they get put in a seperate league to any other sixties group.

Their records get played far too much and really I think most people are fed up with all their records. I really cannot think of one Beatles record I would really like to listen to right now.

They were brilliant at re-inventing themselves and started that trend but really their music is all rather tired now 40 years on.

However you could listen to loads of 60s music (Kinks, Dusty Springfield etc) and discover more to it and be pleased to hear it.

Top Bottom