Starting on a keep fit and lose weight drive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello and welcome, i also use myfitnesspal and my bike to shed the weight, so far its 2stone 3lb since November last year, im avg 80 miles a week and calorie intake is 1500 a day so i know what your going through good luck and stick to it.

Boon 51

Veteran
Hi and welcome to the forum... :thumbsup:
Can't give any advice on losing weight as I'm the opposite I have trouble putting weight on..

OP
OP
Jackswan

Jackswan

Hello and welcome, i also use myfitnesspal and my bike to shed the weight, so far its 2stone 3lb since November last year, im avg 80 miles a week and calorie intake is 1500 a day so i know what your going through good luck and stick to it.

That is good going losing that much weight in a short time. Could I ask what type of food/ diet you are sticking to?

I have probably lost about 8 pound over the last 3 weeks, mainly cutting out bread and sweet stuff, but still maintaining between 50-80 miles per week.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
welcome. another out and pround myfitnesspal user here. keeping a food diary makes you think about what you are going to eat and educates you as to the calorie count of what you are eating. cheese and booze are my Achilles heels.

. cheese and booze are my Achilles heels.
& mine :hungry:
I work on 30 calories per mile cycled. I lost 3 stone 3 years ago doing the fitness pal stuff, it is good. If you have garmin connect you can link it to myfitnesspal & it will put your ride into the exercise section of your daily counter.
What I did was to use 2/3rds of the calories stated by that as my basis for calculating my total daily allowance. It seemed to work for me generally.
Good luck,
steve

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hi Jack

Just to clarify - is the 1100 calories a day your actual food intake or what MFP is estimating as your Net calories (taking into account exercise)?

Welcome Jack

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Hi
Cycling will get you fitter & help lose weight, providing you eat well :okay: I lost 2 stone last year with small changes to my diet & more cycling. This year I'm cycling every day & have done almost 1200 miles so far, but only lost about 4lb. I've just given chocolate up for lent, so hopefully that will help shift another lb or 2. Despite the small weight loss this year, my shape has certainly changed, tops are getting a little baggy & trousers a little tighter :smile: & I feel miles better

Top Bottom