State singlespeed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
All uphill

All uphill

Still rolling along
How much does one of those things weigh in minimalist condition?
@SkipdiverJohn

Funny you ask that. I weighed it and my 1973 Raleigh 531 singlespeed yesterday. The one I've done up was all of 2kg heavier than the Raleigh!

On my dodgy scales:

Raleigh 9.5 kg
State nearer 12 than 11 kg.

You can really feel the difference on the road; the Raleigh is comfortable and quick, the State just feels heavy.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
That's interesting, because I weighed my 531 framed Raleigh Royal at 25.6 lbs or 11.6kg - minus mudguards and rack but with gears and a comfortable but fairly heavy Selle touring saddle.
I'm assuming the State must be a plain gauge hi-tensile frame with heavy wheels. I was expecting you to give an answer closer to 10kg, seeing as the bike only has the very bare minimum of essential parts fitted.

12boy

Guru
I first saw them at the height of the fixie craze. Inexpensive heavy machines with primary emphasis on primary color paint, sometimes frame and rims in different colors. Very different from a Soma Rush, Surly, KHS Elite 100, Pake or IRO. I had a Fuji track bike at that time that weighed around 20 lbs without brakes. It's too hilly here for me to enjoy fixed any more although I usually ride my Surly Steamroller single speed in the summer when I'm not pushing heavy studded snow tires.

Top Bottom