Stations not cycle friendly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fill the lock with glue or something similar, so when you come to lock your bike up next day the key wont even fit in, so you resort to using your emergency cable lock you carry & then it's easy for some toerag to snip the lock & have your bike away :okay:

Thats not good reasoning. Most people take away their D Locks and chains when they leave. Its only a minority that leave their heavy locks. The station however can provide a wall loop which others have recommended which does make sense.

andyfraser

Über Member
If I found my lock had been tampered with, I'd go to a bike shop and buy another. I don't carry cable locks anyway.
So would I but that could be difficult at 7:30 in the morning when I'm on my way to work.

I don't get a train in the morning. Just playing devil's advocate.

HOU5EY

A ring to leave your lock on is a good idea but they wont go for it. I can imagine their attitude being something along the lines of what next, somewhere to leave your wet weather gear, a shelf for your helmet, a stand for other commuters umbrellas. The way they will see it is move it or loose it if your bikes not parked there. I wish this country was more favourable of cyclists but public places like stations seem to do little to help.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
So would I but that could be difficult at 7:30 in the morning when I'm on my way to work.

I don't get a train in the morning. Just playing devil's advocate.
I don't use stations either but as I don't carry another lock then I would have to come up with an alternative, most likely being sharing with a friend which I have done before now when I've forgotten my lock. Luckily at 9 I would be able to find a shop hopefully.

vickster

Legendary Member
Central London bike stands and railings are covered in bikeless locks. Personally, I think it's pretty selfish when they stop you locking your bike up as you wish which does happen

Custom24

Über Member
Fill the lock with glue or something similar, so when you come to lock your bike up next day the key wont even fit in, so you resort to using your emergency cable lock you carry & then it's easy for some toerag to snip the lock & have your bike away :okay:
Good point, thanks. I am lucky in that I lock my bike at work, so if this happened, I would just bring my bike into the office for the day. At a train station, which this thread is about, I can see this being a viable toerag strategy.

lee1980sim

Is it just me that doesn't seem this as the station being anti-cyclist, take your lock with you, yeh it maybe heavy but how did you get it there to begin with plus carrying the extra weight is good for strength building

Top Bottom