1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stay in or set the video - Sunday pm

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Tim Bennet., 16 Sep 2007.

1. Tim Bennet.

Tim Bennet. Entirely Average Member

BBC 2

Tour of Britain Cycling     

Sun 16 Sep, 12:30 - 14:30  120 mins    

Jill Douglas introduces action from the final stage of the Tour of Britain which reaches its conclusion after seven days of gruelling competition. The final stage runs from Dumfries to Glasgow Green, with the pack expected to cover the 98-mile route at an average speed of almost 30mph. A high quality field of 96 riders will take part, including rising British star Mark Cavendish, who made his Tour de France debut this year.

With commentary from Hugh Porter and Rob Hayles.

2. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

Rob hayles has all the commentating flair of a pair of canvas flip flops.

great to see it televised and to get a decent length show. The BBC almost got it all right for me.

Now if only they could get the Classics on Terrestrial tv ;)

3. I set the DVD recorder, didn't work, didn't recognize the DVD-RW; cheap supermarket goods:angry::angry:;). Anybody know if its repeated?

4. Haitch

Haitch Flim Flormally

I doubt they will repeat the programme but there are lots of BBC videos on the ToB at this page.

5. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

Shame they can't get Phil Liggett, the commentary was a bit crappy.......

6. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

As was some of the camera work, did they only send one camera out?

7. OP
    OP
    Tim Bennet.

Tim Bennet. Entirely Average Member

Yeah, but at least it was two hours on a mainstream channel during normal hours!

The race was also far more interesting as the yellow jersey changed hands so many times. So, mustn't grummmmble.

8. I watched it (cr@ppy weather here yesterday!!) to see if I could see myself out spectating on Stage 6!!

Seriously though I thought the coverage was pretty good and as a previous post said it was good to see it on for 2 hours on one of the mainstream channels.

Just a quick comment though, some of that rolling road closure stuff looked a bit iffy especially through the towns and cities what with parked cars and 2 wee bollards at every junction that didn't have a motorcycle outrider at it