Stay in or set the video - Sunday pm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
BBC 2

Tour of Britain Cycling     

Sun 16 Sep, 12:30 - 14:30  120 mins    

Jill Douglas introduces action from the final stage of the Tour of Britain which reaches its conclusion after seven days of gruelling competition. The final stage runs from Dumfries to Glasgow Green, with the pack expected to cover the 98-mile route at an average speed of almost 30mph. A high quality field of 96 riders will take part, including rising British star Mark Cavendish, who made his Tour de France debut this year.

With commentary from Hugh Porter and Rob Hayles.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Rob hayles has all the commentating flair of a pair of canvas flip flops.

great to see it televised and to get a decent length show. The BBC almost got it all right for me.

Now if only they could get the Classics on Terrestrial tv ;)

OP
OP
Tim Bennet.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Yeah, but at least it was two hours on a mainstream channel during normal hours!

The race was also far more interesting as the yellow jersey changed hands so many times. So, mustn't grummmmble.

I watched it (cr@ppy weather here yesterday!!) to see if I could see myself out spectating on Stage 6!!

Seriously though I thought the coverage was pretty good and as a previous post said it was good to see it on for 2 hours on one of the mainstream channels.

Just a quick comment though, some of that rolling road closure stuff looked a bit iffy especially through the towns and cities what with parked cars and 2 wee bollards at every junction that didn't have a motorcycle outrider at it

Top Bottom