Stealth tax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Black Sheep said:
i got issued a speeding ticket from a camera on the way into birmingham not long back,

40mph limit, I got done for doing 35mph!

after pointing out the mistake it got cancelled.

How did you prove you were innocent?

Norm

Probably because his IQ was higher than the combined IQs of the "authority" which issued a ticket for doing 35 in a 40. :angry:

Norm

Although I am increasingly sceptical about such scare-mongering (millennium bug, anyone?) I wonder if anything will come of this and whether that would affect anyone's views on using GPS technology.

Davidc said:
My complaint about speed limit enforcement - Inadequate with inadequate penalties.

Increase the number of cameras - at least 10 times as many.
Increase the penalties - to at least the present drink drive standard.
Then reduce the limits. Just keep the numbers, hence signs etc., but make them apply in kph.

Agree with Crankarm (it's becoming a habit, need a politial thread) that it's a tax on the stupid. There are no speeding penalties for drivers who stay within the limit.

Don't increase cameras, increase the number of police on the roads, that way both the speeding drivers and the drivers who are under the limit but driving like a div (should be an actual charge imo) get stopped, unsafe vehicles are stopped before they cause harm etc.

Downward said:
Had an argument on someone cause I said that people who get done for speeding are stupid.

If they can't match the accelerator, speedometer and road speed limit should they be trusted to be driving ?

I've not been got for speeding, I have had a camera flash at me, I was doing 35 as i was paying more attention to the school kids at the crossing and the cyclist I was overtaking than my speedo.

Personally I think being 5mph over the speed limit is acceptable IF the driver has accidently crept up due to surroundings, for example just come down a slight hill (hence the increase in speed) and watching his surroundings - it happens on urban duel carageways etc.

Crankarm said:
Black boxes in cars controlling and monitoring the engine management system is the only way. The large minority of drivers have ruined unfettered motoring for the dwindling majority. Drivers who commit motoring offences just do not realise how lucky they are, refusing most of the time, to take any responsibilty for their dangerous actions. Even when they are faced with losing their licenses 99% of the them blame everyone and everything but themselves. CP excluded.

Btw where is V-N?

remove responsibility from the driver? that will lead to only one thing, people paying less attention to what they are doing.

hackbike 666 said:
How did you prove you were innocent?

the stated speed on the information i got through the post was 35mph I asked what the limit was on the stretch of road and if the camera had been calibrated that day

Top Bottom