steaming mad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Jake

Jake

snapper_37 said:
I would love to do the canal paths cos it starts virtually right from my house and I could drop off and have around a 2 mile road ride to work. Unfortunately, in this day and age (and this shitty city) I won't risk it. Especially being a lone woman.

Glad you've ordered some lights mate.

I'll look after you ;)

thanks, yes the other lights are good, but not bright enough

domtyler

Über Member
Jake said:
I'll look after you ;)

thanks, yes the other lights are good, but not bright enough

She'd 'ave you fer breakfast mate! ;)

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

snapper_37 said:
+ 1 that's my worry .... plus being chucked into the dirty stinking canal which I have a thing about anyway.

in places it looks nice, in the "summer" there was a girl jumping in and swimming!

domtyler

Über Member
Looks pretty bad to me Jake! They don't come much closer than that without a collision resulting.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

ok if you think so. will see what happens in the morning. a bit more relaxed about it now too :thumbsdown:

Mr Pig

domtyler said:
you will most likely end up getting mugged, robbed or murdered.

Stunning optimism! ;0)

I must admit that I'm not the biggest fan of canal paths either. Too flat and boring and the scowling bearded map-wearers piss me off too. And if they're so good at walking why is that every sodding one of them has a stick?

Otto

My brother lives on a narrow boat and he isn't a pikey! Nor does he have dreadlocks

User3143 said:
Don't knock it, costs roughly £5000 a year to live on a narrow boat, that includes everything.

Sister and BIL have just finished fitting one out from a shell. They defo don't fit that description :thumbsup:

handsome joe

If i am right i think the narrow boats he means are there illegally, they don't pay any rent. I think British Waterways look the other way. At times I notice some are moved on but then return a short time later either to the same spot or somewhere nearby.

As regards lights on a towpath. I find some people's lights are way too bright and i end up being dazzled by them. I adjust my lights so they are pointing towards the ground slightly not directly ahead or upwards. That way people see me but are not totally dazzled.

yenrod

Jake said:
ARRGHGHGHGHGHG. after a lovely cycle i nearly ended up in the canal because of some lazy pikey of the sea left hose pipes along the path which led me to get my wheels trapped and nearly end up having an early shower. dam lazy scab off the state hippies. BUT, thats not the main reason im steaming. I nearly got squashed by an effing bus!!! I'm just about to edit then write to the bus company!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr mad as a hatter!

Just be glad your here :evil:

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

handsome joe said:
If i am right i think the narrow boats he means are there illegally, they don't pay any rent. I think British Waterways look the other way. At times I notice some are moved on but then return a short time later either to the same spot or somewhere nearby.

As regards lights on a towpath. I find some people's lights are way too bright and i end up being dazzled by them. I adjust my lights so they are pointing towards the ground slightly not directly ahead or upwards. That way people see me but are not totally dazzled.

ahh so i am right, pikeys of the sea lol.
and yes, some lights are rather bright. cant blame them too much as some parts are so dangerous, but yeah, they do ruin your night vision.

Top Bottom