Steel Forks: New Question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Hugh Manatee

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
700c requires a longer drop brake if the forks take a 27" wheel ..... I forget how much, my age I guess :smile:. I'd go for 700c forks as Martin suggests.

What steerer length do you need?

It's a 59cm frame. Just under 200mm long. Why is life so complicated!?

porteous

Veteran
OK. I have the bike back. The LBS couldn't find any steel threaded forks so it is down to me to find some! I have found these: http://www.bankruptbikeparts.co.uk/...t_id=19016&search=700c+forks&description=true

The quoted weight is 810g whereas mine (currently residing on the kitchen scales) are 770g. I am not going to overly concern myself with 40g! What does worry me is the fact that the ad says they are suitable for 700c and 27" wheels.

Will my current brake caliper be OK? I can't remember which wheel size calls for deep drop brakes!

I've dealt with bankruptbikeparts quite a lot in the last few years and always found them both well informed and helpful ( I bought a NOS Sturmey Archer 3 speed off them and they happily mounted it in a 27" wheel for a very reasonable price.) You can get in touch via their EBay pages if you have a query. Hope you feel better soon.

Top Bottom