Steel Touring Bike 20.5 frame now sold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve T

Veteran
I bought this £130 in November which I thought was a good price considering its condition. so I would like to get that back if possible. Now on fleabay see link below:-

Bought recently second hand to use as a winter trainer but I have since purchased another bike. Campagnolo Veloce groupset and Centre pull brakes. Has full mudguard fitted and brand new giant 32c tyres.

It was fully stripped and resprayed by Argos at Bristol a few years ago hence the sticker I think the model is Renegade but I cant remember the manufacturer name.

It makes an excellent tourer or possibly a ( heavy) introduction to cyclo cross given the clearance and the tyres fitted.

I have probably ridden it twice and apart from being heavier than I am used to it performed very well.

I bought this on a bit of a whim and to possibly use the triple groupset on another project but the bike is too good for stripping down so I have decided to sell it.

I bought it in November and have since realised its not going to get used. It is a very solid bike and would be a great introduction to touring for someone. I am 5ft 7 and the bike is set up for me in the pictures.

Any questions please ask. I would prefer collection only as its too big to post and would prefer the buyer to be able to see before purchasing.

The chainrings are 52-42-32 and the block is (I think) 13-29. The brakes are Shimano cantis, the stem is a Netto quill, and the bars are Cinelli Criterium. The wheels are Mavic Open Pro on Chorus hubs. It currently has 35mm tyres

Steel Reynolds 531 tubing with full mudguards and Campagnolo Veloce Triple groupset. In very good condition.The frame was based on the old British Eagle Touristique.
Collection from near Wellingborough Northants.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123602531756
P1030052.JPG P1030058.JPG P1030054.JPG P1030055.JPG P1030053.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom