Steep climb in the Royston area?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
GrasB

GrasB

Veteran
nmcgann, I think that may be it as it's in the right direction, signed at 14% (not 17% but it's close enough as it's the only incline I've found signed above 10%) & the sort of distance out from cambridge that I'd go out to very occasionally.

It's certainly not Hartest hill is in the wrong direction as I'd never go though Royston if I was that side of cambridge.

Garz

Squat Member
We shall let you off GrasB as your phenomenal mileage for the team so far is quite jaw dropping to say the least!

OP
OP
GrasB

GrasB

Veteran
Garz, thanks for that :laugh: but looking at the chart it's not just the distance it's the speed. I must say though this is at my physical limit I've stopped doing a group run at the weekend because I need 2 rest days else I'm almost constantly ill.

Now if I could ust work out how to ride slower I could do even more miles :biggrin:

DrMekon

Über Member
Hartest Hill is the steepest I know locally. I've done Chapel Hill on the bakfiets. I suspect it's fine for intervals. Nearer to Royston is the road between the B1042 and East Hatley, near Croydon. I think that's steeper than Chapel Hill.

Top Bottom