Stem bolts torque

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
I think Giant need to improve their lettering, unless the plan is to sell more stems.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: C R

Profpointy

Legendary Member
55Nm - ' kinell, who's doing them up: King Kong?

Ajax Bay

Guru
I think Giant need to improve their lettering
@Venod - is this an image you photographed? Or is this completely idle chat relying on your poor (assumed) eyesight?
As @Drago says, even my old unassisted eyes can see the decimal point (but he meant to type Nm ;))
@alvintc is selling a 1 1/4" OD2 Giant stem and this are his pictures:
1593950680691.png

Whilst not an apologist for Giant, the decimal point is clear in the three places on the images.

OP
OP
Venod

Venod

Eh up
is this an image you photographed?

Its my lads bike, according to Specsavers I am due an eye test, I think I should go, it would have been better IMO if they had left a gap between the 5s, it looks the same spacing as the 48 above it to me, the pic you posted has the spacing I would expect to see.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I agree the spacing between figures merits greater attention to detail, at no cost to Giant/manufacturer. As an aside, specifying moment/torque limit to an accuracy of (implicitly) 0.1Nm invites ridicule. What is the accuracy of calibration of a reasonable torque wrench in the 5Nm range? I suspect what Giant:wacko: mean is: >5Nm to <6Nm.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Is the purpose of all the spacers to bring the writing closer to eye level? :whistle:
If it's a steel steerer you can have a lot of spacers. Rule of thumb for non-ferrous steerers is no more than the diameter of the steerer, so 1 1/8" for most threadless forks.

Top Bottom