1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stem face plate with bar for mounting stuff

Discussion in 'Components and Accessories' started by NickM, 17 Jul 2007.

1. NickM

NickM Über Member

I'm sure I've seen reviewed an accessory two-bolt stem face plate with a bar on the front of it for mounting lights, computers and so on. I could do with one, but I cannot find any trace of such a thing on the Web. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

2. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

Not sure if this is right, but a bar extender, like this? http://www.topeak.com/2007/products/barxtnder/barxtndmain.php

3. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman New Member

I'm fairly sure that I saw some (two models) on SJS, was thinking of getting one but the angle was wrong for my particular set up. Just had a look on SJS and can't see them now (might be discontinued).

4. Monty Dog

Monty Dog New Member

There certainly was one available a few years ago - 2 versions, either to take a bottle cage, or an accessory bar. I think it was System-Ex, but can't seem to find a reference to one anywhere.

5. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman New Member

No this was this year. I wanted one to mount my matched lights on and leave the bars clear (for other junk :tongue: ). The thing I saw replaced the original faceplate and had a stem about 3" long ending in a cross (T) shape (like the Minoura), I'm still sure it was SJS that had them (under a tenner as well :?: ).

6. Pete

Pete Guest

7. Cunobelin

Cunobelin Legendary Member

Good news - I know exactly what you mean!

System EX did a small 2 bolt plate that repaced the stem cap, and then a small extension bolted on tothe stem cap. It then rotated back and forth to allow precise fitting of your light. I use one onthe Airnimal

Bad news- I can't find one on the internet - I boughtt my last one from the now defunct "Gearshift"

Iffy and unhelpful news - I have seen one in a shop recently,, but I cannot remember which one. It may be worthwhile chatting to your LBS.