Stem face plate with bar for mounting stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickM

Veteran
I'm sure I've seen reviewed an accessory two-bolt stem face plate with a bar on the front of it for mounting lights, computers and so on. I could do with one, but I cannot find any trace of such a thing on the Web. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

SamNichols

Not sure if this is right, but a bar extender, like this? http://www.topeak.com/2007/products/barxtnder/barxtndmain.php

I'm fairly sure that I saw some (two models) on SJS, was thinking of getting one but the angle was wrong for my particular set up. Just had a look on SJS and can't see them now (might be discontinued).

Monty Dog

There certainly was one available a few years ago - 2 versions, either to take a bottle cage, or an accessory bar. I think it was System-Ex, but can't seem to find a reference to one anywhere.

Monty Dog said:
There certainly was one available a few years ago - 2 versions, either to take a bottle cage, or an accessory bar. I think it was System-Ex, but can't seem to find a reference to one anywhere.
No this was this year. I wanted one to mount my matched lights on and leave the bars clear (for other junk :tongue: ). The thing I saw replaced the original faceplate and had a stem about 3" long ending in a cross (T) shape (like the Minoura), I'm still sure it was SJS that had them (under a tenner as well :?: ).

Good news - I know exactly what you mean!

System EX did a small 2 bolt plate that repaced the stem cap, and then a small extension bolted on tothe stem cap. It then rotated back and forth to allow precise fitting of your light. I use one onthe Airnimal

Bad news- I can't find one on the internet - I boughtt my last one from the now defunct "Gearshift"

Iffy and unhelpful news - I have seen one in a shop recently,, but I cannot remember which one. It may be worthwhile chatting to your LBS.

Top Bottom