Stem for my badboy. Help?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveMook

Regular
I'm looking for a stem for my cannondale badboy. 1"1/8 60/70mm 25.4 bar. Any suggestions? It's a mtb stem I need apparently but as it's not gonna take mtb abuse I'd imagine I shouldn't have to pay the £80ish chain reaction are looking. Plenty of £9 jobs on ebay which I'm equally dubious about. The deda ones look good but it's the 25.4 that's catching me out. Thanks in advance

Zeffer

I had a similar problem with my wife's build. I went for an eBay job:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Post-Cyc...hash=item364dd17db4:m:mS8BToQUD8sREt-6GztrgCw

Came in about a week and I was surprised how good it was for the price. Not the lightest, but well made.

If you want 120mm, Wiggle has this one that fits, but was a bit long for us:

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/deda-nero-stem/

That's a real bargain!

OP
OP
D

DaveMook

Regular
Thanks dude! 120mm is a bit long, so I'll have a look at the first one you posted. Also just seen a system ex stem on ebay which would suit. Appreciate the help.

D

Deleted member 26715

I'm so new to bikes that I can't tell if you're taking the piss or not :laugh:
If you get a stem with 4 bolts you can remove/fit the handlebars by removing the bolts if you buy a 2 bolt you have to remove the brakes/gears/etc & thread the bars through, or at least that's how I understand @Pale Rider's comments

OP
OP
D

DaveMook

Regular
No, four bolts will be slightly more secure than two, not least because if one loosens you will still have three hanging on.

A slipping handlebar is a nervous moment.

Always carry a multi-tool to nip up the bolts if required.
Thanks, actually I learned this yesterday, first seat and then handlebar. My bike was second hand but not remotely broken in. Allen keys permanently in bag now. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

OP
OP
D

DaveMook

Regular
So I picked this up, it'll do until I see something I like, looks OK, aye?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190703-191304.jpg
    Screenshot_20190703-191304.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 9

Zeffer

The eBay one that is currently used on my wife's bike is 25.4.

The Wiggle one is 26, but fitted fine with the handlebars we have (but it was too long for my wife).

The one you have ordered looks just as good. It has four bolts on the front, which I prefer personally (peace of mind!)

Top Bottom