Stent in my leg to bypass an aneurysm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian69

Just yesterday I had a stent implanted in my leg. I can drive and walk. Has anyone else had a similar operation, as my question is : “ How long before I can cycle again ?” Any feedback greatly welcomed.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
:welcome:

Without wishing to be facetious wouldn't your surgeon be the better person to ask?

OP
OP
B

Brian69

:welcome:

Without wishing to be facetious wouldn't your surgeon be the better person to ask?

You have a valid point, and yes I agree with you.The reason that I asked was that one surgeon said “ give it two weeks” and another surgeon didn’t like the idea of me cycling again, which struck me as odd.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Just yesterday I had a stent implanted in my leg. I can drive and walk. Has anyone else had a similar operation, as my question is : “ How long before I can cycle again ?” Any feedback greatly welcomed.

You should ask your consultant not a bunch of cyclists. Didn't you see a doctor on Saturday?

I've a stent in my heart. It was five months before I before I rode again. I tried after three months and it didn't feel right so I waited.

I've partial clip in my brain following an aneurysm bursting in January. I'm still awaiting the final sign off but I'm riding again. The consultant said don't ride. A very senior neuro sister who understood my real depression told me to ride and listen to my body.

If you don't speak to a doctor the only advice anyone can give is listen to your body.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I had a stent fitted in my right leg a year and a half ago. Due to where they went in (near the groin upper inside thigh) I was told not to ride for a week incase it opened again. It opened a couple hours after surgery and I lost a crap load of blood.
But as others say, talk to the doc.

presta

Guru
one surgeon said “ give it two weeks” and another surgeon didn’t like the idea of me cycling again
Contradictory advice ensures that the patients place is in the wrong, if you complain about it you're likely to get told you're unable to cope with conflicting information like I was. When I was blue lighted into A&E the consultant told me to knock the cycling on the head until I'd seen cardiology, but when I fetched up at cardio outpatients I was criticised (in writing to my GP) for being uncooperative, and not continuing to cycle.

A very senior neuro sister who understood my real depression told me to ride and listen to my body.
As a child I had it drummed into me by a psychiatrist to ignore my symptoms if I felt unwell. As a result, at 60 I now I have numerous permanent health problems. The first time I was in A&E I was criticised for leaving it too long before calling an ambulance, but then when I called ambulances promptly on subsequent occasions I got sniped at for being a frequent flyer.

OP
OP
B

Brian69

You should ask your consultant not a bunch of cyclists. Didn't you see a doctor on Saturday?

I've a stent in my heart. It was five months before I before I rode again. I tried after three months and it didn't feel right so I waited.

I've partial clip in my brain following an aneurysm bursting in January. I'm still awaiting the final sign off but I'm riding again. The consultant said don't ride. A very senior neuro sister who understood my real depression told me to ride and listen to my body.

If you don't speak to a doctor the only advice anyone can give is listen to your body.

OP
OP
B

Brian69

Many thanks for all of your feedback. I’m thinking that I should wait two weeks, then get back on the bike and play it by ear ? Sound right ?

Top Bottom