Stephen Hawking - passed away

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
A man of great humour. Saw him lecture, years ago, when I was choosing between courses.
RIP. You will be missed but, oh what a legacy.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up.”

Sad news indeed.

A brief history of time is an excellent read bringing complex ideas to the masses. I would suggest the first 4 pages are the most read scientific pages by non scientists.

AndyRM

XOXO
http://www.lettersofnote.com/2011/12/stephen-hawking-on-time-travel.html?m=1

IMG_20180314_082949.jpg

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
A genius who will be missed,RIP

When shooting this episode, Professor Hawking commented on the Enterprise warp engine by saying 'I'm working on that'.

Very sad to wake up to this news today:sad:. RIP Professor, you inspired the planet.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Gosh, this is such a shock - even though he had severe health problems. A truly fantastic and inspirational man, I think it will be a long time until we see someone of the same academic calibre in that field

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I 'saw' him do a visiting lecture at Imperial College when I was a smelly 1st year physics undergraduate. Invitations to the lecture theatre were sparse, so most of us had to watch on the university's dodgy internal TV system. Unfortunately, whoever set up the camera had stood in front of the lecturn to determine the framing.....

Behind the genius tag he was a very human, driven, funny, difficult man.

Milzy

Guru
Sadly people on social media are saying he will regret not believing in god now. Errr no he won’t regret anything.

Top Bottom