Stereophonics...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SamNichols

Can anyone tell me the point in these people, or their music? They've been around for over 10 years these days, and can't think of anything of any value that they've contributed.

beancounter

First couple of albums are ok.

bc

U

User482

"Local Boy In The Photograph" was sublime IMO, and it's all been downhill ever since.

Mr Pig

beancounter said:
First couple of albums are ok.

Yip. Songs like 'Local boy', 'Thousand Trees' etc were great then they took the bus to Blandsvile. But I don't think it's their fault, not entirely.

The more bland the music, the more it sells. These bands put out a couple of great début albums, containing everything they've been working on since they were about twelve, and receive great revues and good sales. Now every chat show, magazine and radio station wants them to show up and be nice while at the same time their new found pals at the record label, who have just made them all very wealthy, want a brand new album in the shops by Christmas!

Before it was fun, now it's a job and bland is all they've got time to do. It's not brilliant but it'll do, but hang on, the sales are epic! Johnny Two Stars, who didn't even know who they were last week, has now seen them on the smelly and wants a bit of this 'cool' new band. It doesn't matter to him that the songs are banal as Johnny's a half-wit anyway.

What are the band to do. Do they really want to go back to all that angry music when elevator treacle pays so well? And besides, they're not that angry now that they've got big televisions and people to do their washing up.

We get the music we deserve so don't complain. Besides, great music is still out there if you want to get off your backside and look. I remember Bjork saying she was really happy that other people were making bland pop music because it meant she didn't have to. I think McDonald's food is crap but the solution is simple. I don't buy it ;0)

Rats. Now I feel like a McSpicy chicken thing...

redcogs

Guru
Nae a bad analysis Pig.

i still like to listen to properly produced vinyl music from a period that saw the flowering of the best of the 20th century.

All this digital crap leaves me cold.

Wayne Rooney likes 'em if his new tattoo is anything to go by:

http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=8847009

yenrod

domtyler said:
What, the Phonics are F***ing fantastic mate, what are you talking about?

Only joking! :sad:

In a welsh accent that is funny !

I personally reckon the Stereo's...are crap !

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
alecstilleyedye said:
pig's analysis applies to an awful lot of bands, although chapeau to coldplay for being dull from song 1, thus avoiding accusations of not being as good as they used to be.
LOL!

I'm OK with listening to the Stereophonics.

Top Bottom