Steve's new BMC Team Machine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

So here it is.......my BMC Team Machine in Matt/Carbon finish. '07 Frameset with 08 Dura Ace, Fulcrum RS Racing Torq compact crankset, Racing 1 wheels, Easton post, stem and bars, toupe saddle, carbon cages & Keo Carbon titanium pedals.

I picked it up after work today....havent ridden it yet....but can't wait to!!! ;)

BMC1.jpg

BMC2.jpg

BMC3.jpg

BMC4.jpg

BMC7.jpg

BMC6.jpg

BMC5.jpg

:ohmy:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Blimey - fancy, innit!

Congratulations on the acquisition.

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

If the weather is ok 1st thing in the morning I'll go out on it for sure.
The we have the bad weather coming in....which will likely limit me to turbo use for now. ;)

yenrod

Oh pretty bangingly fine Steve - that is one hell of a top ride that lad !

I bet you your killing for a spin...

You've on hell of a cycle!

So many good bits, the saddle, cranks (fsa carbons are v.nice:tongue:) the little swiss badge...

Have a good ride and youve got to report back with a new thread of how it rode !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How come you went for alot of Easton stuff ;)

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Thanks Yenners :ohmy:
I'm a very proud owner indeed......and it's my bestest bike I have ever bought. :biggrin:
Will too report on it's riding qualities. ;)

k-dog

That is nice - I really like those.

The Team Machine is the one with carbon tubes in alu lugs right? As opposed to the Pro Machine which is all carbon.

I like the colour scheme too - some of the other ones can be a bit garish.

mr Mag00

rising member
v vv nice indeed

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

k-dog said:
That is nice - I really like those.

The Team Machine is the one with carbon tubes in alu lugs right? As opposed to the Pro Machine which is all carbon.

I like the colour scheme too - some of the other ones can be a bit garish.

Cheers for all the kind words guys.
The BMC TM has alloy lugs indeed.
The seat cluster area is certainly an eye catcher.
The seat pin bolts have to be torqued up correctly. 5nm top bolt and 8nm bottom bolt.

It's not the lightest machine......compared to the Focus Izalco Team which I was going to buy from Wiggle which weighed in at approx 14.3lbs....but at 15.5lbs it's still pretty light....and the bottle cages are only 18g each....Look pedals only 95g each....so the complete bike is still pretty light at 16lbs!!
The main point is that there is no way I could have got the Focus bike specced up to my liking and had custom fit parts put on it....which is what appealed about buying the TM from my LBS.:biggrin:

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

yenrod said:
How come you went for alot of Easton stuff :tongue:

The frameset comes with Easton Forks and a seat post.
BMC and Easton have worked together developing the componentry and frame design. The rear seat stays are Easton Unidirection Carbon, The Fork is a CNT (Carbon Nano technology) Easton model. The seatpost is a Carbon post (albeit a MTB post originally...400mm of it :biggrin:. The bikes are sold with Easton finishing kits.....Comp kit (EA50), Elite Kit (EA70) and Pro Kit (EA90). I can always upgrade the seatpost stem and bars in the future if need be.:smile:

It's got a bit of Italian in it with the Fulcrum wheels and chainset, Swiss frame and USA Easton technology. :smile:

I went out this morning albeit for only 5 miles.....I had to come back as the gears were not indexed correctly and the cleat on my new Shimano R099 shoes needed tweaking. But the bike was super fast and felt extremely responsive. The Toupe saddle is very comfy already! :smile: Very pleased so far!!! :biggrin:

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Well...I got out today and covered 52 miles.
It was bitter in the wind even with Woolie Boolie socks on..:biggrin:....my fingers were numb mainly because I wore fingerless gloves.

However the bike was superb. It's smooth and responsive and having it built to suit me made a huge difference. No aches (apart from my right knee getting used to the new Look cleats) or discomfort. Even the new speccy 143 toupe saddle was excellent.
I got the bike well dirty on the country road....so its had its Christening :biggrin:....as did my new shoes...
The only slightly annoying bit is that as each of the 3 cables are routed internally I tended to get the 'slapping' sound of the cable against the inside of the frame.......but I can live with that.
The bike climbs well, sprints well and is very comfortable.

One very chuffed bloke am I!!!!!

:wacko:

Top Bottom