Steve's new BMC Team Machine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Disgruntled Goat said:
So which bits are carbon and which bits are alu? How much does it weigh?

The alloy 'bits' are the join between seat tube/downtube and top tube (a 1 piece aluminium part) and the two on the headtube where it joins the top tube and down tube.
The bottom bracket is ally/carbon mix fibre.
The rear dropouts are aluminium too.
Full carbon fork including steerer, crown and dropouts.

My electronic Hanson scales were inaccurate and I gave up after weighing me and the bike about 25 times.......It is 15.5lbs without pedals and cages and 16lbs with.
Its way better than my Felt was though and it rides superbly. My efforts are made more worthwhile riding a bike that fits and this was the most important factor of all when I chose the BMC!
:biggrin:

k-dog

If you don't mind how much was it?

Looking for something new in the next few months and that would really do the job. I really like the idea of a custom fit too - I don't seem to fit off the shelf jobs.

Would probably get Ultegra though.

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Have a browse on the BMC website and Phil Corley Cycles website for prices.
The BMC website currently has special offers on at the moment including my frameset.
There are a couple of Pro Machines but limited sizes available.
Phil Corley cycles in Milton Keynes has a website that lets you spec up bikes and it will give you a price accordingly. Just go to 'Custom Bikes' on here:
http://www.philcorleycycles.co.uk/

Steve

peterdowning

Veteran
Got my Roubaix as a custom build from Phil Corley Cycles. Milton Keynes is on my territory for work and I called in on spec. I ended up ordering my bike. Excellent advice and patiently answered my questions.

I saw the BMC Slot (?) whist I was there and thought 'If I was twenty years younger....'

Bet it goes as good as it looks.

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

peterdowning said:
Got my Roubaix as a custom build from Phil Corley Cycles. Milton Keynes is on my territory for work and I called in on spec. I ended up ordering my bike. Excellent advice and patiently answered my questions.

I saw the BMC Slot (?) whist I was there and thought 'If I was twenty years younger....'

Bet it goes as good as it looks.

They are real nice people in there Peter as you say. Real enthusiasts too. :biggrin:
I think the BMC appeals to all age groups....there was an elderly gent and his wife eyeing up my bike when i collected it....he even picked it up for a feel...oh err...:becool:.....
I work in MK.......so was perfect for me to pop down whenever I liked. :biggrin:

Top Bottom