STI and batting gloves (cricket) and other poor clothing choices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good morning,

Have got frustrated searching for and not finding my gloves I had this wonderful idea; I would ride wearing my batting gloves.

626696 626695

Braking was excellent, so good in fact that there might be a market for cycling gloves with a 1kg weight to help with squeezing the brake lever, along with the benefit of padding in case of falling as the result of some unexpected ice. :smile:

Changing down was also great, but changing up doesn't seem to work as when the finger pushes the rear shift lever the pad on that finger pushes the brake lever and I end up in the same gear. This seems to prove that Campag has the better design with the thumb shift button.:laugh:

After getting a pad on my left hand almost caught between the left lever and the bars I decided that this was a terrible idea and went home.

Can anyone suggest a more dumb clothing choice, that they have actually tried?

Bye

Ian

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That was one dumb clothing choice, and looks stupid. Sorry !

How about this for an idea Ian? Cut open the padding , remove it and insert some cooked bangers or frankfurters, instant hunger relief on the go.
Thinking about this further...... each pad would be about the size of a large measure of a spirit, so we seem to have 10 drinks to spread over the ride.

Top Bottom