Sticker says "I cant see cyclists" , has Croydon council logo.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On the back of a Diamond Relocations truck

CoNlpasWEAED8qA.jpg

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Yeah I saw that on one, peanuts

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
A "cyclist aware" logo on a sign that says you are not aware of cyclists........
Except it's ''cycle aware'' and cycleaware.com / cycleaware Inc are a California corporation selling reflective clothing, mirrors, etc., and I'm sure they have not been consulted about the use of their trademark. Their site lists Cannondale and Jamis on their ''community links'' page, who I'm sure would not want to be associated with whoever came up with the ''I can't see cyclists'' brainwave.

david k

Hi
I've seen these notes several times.
This actually annoys me , they may as well say "if I hit you it's your own fault" or " I take no responsibility for hitting you"
A sign doesn't relinquish responsibility, like my daughters old horse riding school saying you ride here at your own risk, what you charge, make money but expect no responsibility ?? You take the money you must accept responsibility

Except it's ''cycle aware'' and cycleaware.com / cycleaware Inc are a California corporation selling reflective clothing, mirrors, etc., and I'm sure they have not been consulted about the use of their trademark. Their site lists Cannondale and Jamis on their ''community links'' page, who I'm sure would not want to be associated with whoever came up with the ''I can't see cyclists'' brainwave.

I used "cyclist aware" in inverted commas to recognise the fact that it was probably generic as neither this nor the "hashtag" seem to come up on Google

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I used "cyclist aware" in inverted commas to recognise the fact that it was probably generic as neither this nor the "hashtag" seem to come up on Google
The hashtag angle seems to have drawn a blank, true, but ''cycle aware'' brought up this company whose name has been used, either with or without their consent. I'd suggest it was without their consent and I'd argue that attributing selective bike blindness to truck drivers harms their image.

Drago

Legendary Member
Considering how cheap and effective modern vehicle camera technology is I can't understand why any large vehicle is allowed on the roads with known blinds spots. It seems our lives are cheaper than the necessary equipment.

Top Bottom