Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willd

Veteran
Anyone else noticed the roads being covered with sap recently? Went under some tree about 7 am yesterday and tyres went dark and noisy :wacko: I'm slow enough already without getting stuck to the road. Then when you stop they pick up all the bits of grit and dust :rolleyes: Went gingerly round some corners and downhill, but fortunately it wasn't slippery. By about 10.30 the heat had softened it up and it wasn't so much of a problem.
I guess it's because it hasn't rained properly for three weeks and the aphids are liking the sun ^_^

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Anyone else noticed the roads being covered with sap recently? Went under some tree about 7 am yesterday and tyres went dark and noisy :wacko: I'm slow enough already without getting stuck to the road. Then when you stop they pick up all the bits of grit and dust :rolleyes: Went gingerly round some corners and downhill, but fortunately it wasn't slippery. By about 10.30 the heat had softened it up and it wasn't so much of a problem.
I guess it's because it hasn't rained properly for three weeks and the aphids are liking the sun ^_^

I've often noticed that too. You can't see it with the naked eye, but you can hear the tackiness on the bike tyres. Just certain trees I think.

13 rider

Guru
Yes I was thinking about it on today's ride , I cannot remember every noticing it as bad as it before . I presume because we've had a very dry June it not got washed off the road

D

Deleted member 1258

Theres a fair bit of it in the lanes round here.

Softlips

Regular
I thought I had a puncture yesterday but it was just the sap on the road making the noise as I rode over it.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I had it this morning, unfortunately I picked up a bit of grit as well and there's now a flap of rubber were it's pierced the tyre. Good job they're puncture proof tyres, it didn't get through the layers.

Top Bottom