Stiff quads and calves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
confusedcyclist

confusedcyclist

Veteran
I had a long hot bath, with some epsom salt, I think that did the trick, still not 100% but 80% of the way there! I'm usually a shower person, so the solution wasn't obvious. :okay:

Okeydokey

I don't know if its psychological, voodoo or something similar, but I use compression calf socks. Like long socks but without the foot part if you get my drift. I normally get very stiff calves after weight training in the gym, but when I get home I pop these on for the evening and no pain at all. I've been putting effort in the gym during the week to build leg strength and am now considering getting compression tights to cover the thighs and glutes, which still get stiff. I'm not sure there is any scientific basis for this, so your mileage may vary.

Dfinn32

I don't know if its psychological, voodoo or something similar, but I use compression calf socks. Like long socks but without the foot part if you get my drift. I normally get very stiff calves after weight training in the gym, but when I get home I pop these on for the evening and no pain at all. I've been putting effort in the gym during the week to build leg strength and am now considering getting compression tights to cover the thighs and glutes, which still get stiff. I'm not sure there is any scientific basis for this, so your mileage may vary.
Agree with Okeydokey - compression garments can work well, but these recovery options are often perceptual, so doing what feels good can often be a good way to go about it. In particular with the compression garments, I would say that you should try to find well fitting options, as the level of compression in off-the-shelf products are often far below what would be termed a compression garment in a medical sense.

Top Bottom