Still can't post via iPad!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Debian

Hi.

When will this be fixed?

I can post using the mobile template but it's horrible and doesn't allow me to quote other posts.

My iPad works on every other forum I use and it worked perfectly well on the old CC software; it's becoming irritating as I tend to use the iPad for most "leisure" browsing and I have to fire up the laptop just to use CC now!

Please fix this.

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

I just replied on the other thread.

I can post using the mobile template but it's horrible and doesn't allow me to quote other posts.

You can quote other posts from the mobile skin by selecting the post you want to quote. A button appears allowing you to reply. This response was made on an iTouch. You also have the option to change the skin to one of the other ones available.

Shaun

Founder
I know this is an old thread, but I found a support thread about it at IPB today, so thought I'd pass it on:

It seems that there's an issue with how the iPad handles the javascript of the real-time editor, so the trick to making it work is to disable the RTE in your profile.

That's assuming, of course, that an iPad update hasn't already fixed the issue.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
It may change when v3.2 of the forums are released (there may be a major change to the post editor - from a home-grown one, to an industry standard one with the respective javascript) but until then, yes, it's an iPad issue.

There are lots of non-PC devices that access this forum platform with no issues; the iPad does seem to be alone in it's inability to use the RTE editor (as far as I'm aware).

Hopefully IPS will address the issue and resolve it in the not too distant future. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom