1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still got the decorations up?............

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Slowgrind, 3 Jan 2008.

1. Slowgrind

Slowgrind New Member

Whose stayed loyal to the Xmas spirit and kept the tree or decorations up? I think that the proper day to take them down is the sixth of jan. We`ve not took ours down yet as the place looks bare without them. Anyone put them up on bonfire night and take them down day after Boxing day like they do in the shops? :biggrin:

2. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

ours are still up. i keep telling the missus i don't want to take the tree down cos it's so pretty with it's little lights....

3. abchandler

abchandler Senior Member

I've gone for the shop approach and now have Valentine's Day cards and Easter eggs proudly displayed

4. graham56

graham56 Veteran

I remember working at a students flat a few years back and they still had theirs up in July.:biggrin:

5. OP
    OP
    Slowgrind

Slowgrind New Member

Are they before Pancake Tuesday?

6. beanzontoast

beanzontoast Veteran

Decorations down on New Year's Day and back in the loft by teatime. Can't be doing with Christmas stuff around once the holiday is over.

7. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Will be doing ours on the weekend.

8. gavintc

gavintc Guru

The tree is still up, but it will come down this weekend. No needle drop at all - quite impressed with the tree this year. I might even manage to get it down 3 flights without leaving the usual carpet of needles.

9. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

isn't it traditional to take them down on the 6th january (twelvth night)?

10. Pete

Pete Guest

Well, some of the neighbours' houses are still visible to the astronauts on the ISS...

11. vbc

vbc Guest

Never had any up in the first place....Bah humbug!

12. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

Same here beanz. I can't stand the bloody things anyway. For me christmas is over once boxing day has passed. Who started this twelve days of christmas stuff anyway?

13. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Me neither, but then I was going away for Christmas. I did take the few Christmas cards I had up, down, when I did my big tidy-up/hoovering session on New Years Day.

14. longers

longers Veteran

Me either, not much point for just me and the dog. Got some cards to recycle though.

15. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

First year we didn't put decorations up can't say we missed them and the bonus is no 'oh the place looks so bare without decorations'.