Still punk after all these years

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
Funnily, I never thought of her as punk in the first place.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
On the eating dolphins thing, a mate of mine, quite scientifically minded, suggested semi-seriously that "dolphin friendly tuna" is not at all green, since it's the tuna that is threatened but there are plenty of dolphins. We should really be eating tuna friendly dolphin and preserving the tuna. In any case the label is a bit of a greenwash and a form of extortion anyway

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[QUOTE 5025196, member: 45"]Says Toyah Wilcox (this just popped up on my feed).

Funny, that's exactly what I thought when I saw her climb out of her little Peugeot in a twee Cotswold village a year or so ago, and go into the farm shop.[/QUOTE]She's a grown-up. Like all punks are. I think you're being a bit harsh.

But I'm biased, she was very kind to me in '79.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
On the eating dolphins thing, a mate of mine, quite scientifically minded, suggested semi-seriously that "dolphin friendly tuna" is not at all green, since it's the tuna that is threatened but there are plenty of dolphins. We should really be eating tuna friendly dolphin and preserving the tuna. In any case the label is a bit of a greenwash and a form of extortion anyway
I always try to buy the stuff without the 'dolphin friendly' label.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I always try to buy the stuff without the 'dolphin friendly' label.

Apparently pretty much all the tuna sold in the UK meets the dolphin friendly criteria simply because it's caught in a particular way for commercial / pratical reasons. Thus the label is just a tax to keep an arguably self-serving organisation going

winjim

Smash the cistern
Dolphins are absolute farkers.

Bottom trawling is stupid.

Waitrose is the most punk of the big supermarkets although farm shops are arguably punker.

I have no opinion about Toyah.

Top Bottom