Stinging eye on ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Not sure how many saw this post yesterday Your ride today.... .

I have been thinking about this quite a bit since getting home yesterday am and i remembered i had the same the week before but put it down to oil / grease on my fingers & gloves as i had the chain jump off a couple of times , so never gave it much thought . I was also using the same bike with only clip on and not full length guards .

And seeing as i wear normal glasses whilst riding they should stop a lot of the rain hitting my eye as i go along so i think it must have been running down into my eye as it felt like it had fluid running just before it got painful , my thinking and hope is that a change of helmet might help so this morning commute was done in my spare non peaked helmet and all seemed ok on the 4 miles covered so will keep my fingers crossed and keep this post advised .

Levo-Lon

Guru
Mine go a bit hazy ,milky vision sweat does mine.
Clears after ive washed

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
After 20 miles i started to get a very painful left eye that just wanted to close so thought i would head home , walked about a mile as could hardly see enough to ride the bike any more , it started to clear so rode the last mile only for it to flair up again just as i turned into the cul de sac , got the other half in a panic which is not a good thing at 7.30 am a quick inspection and nothing found so out came a warm flannel which eased the pain and allowed the eye to open again .
Bit scary at time's as no real reason why so not sure what to do

Very strange. I get stinging eyes when the sun block and sweat run into my eyes.

D

Deleted member 26715

I get this when I sweat but in both eyes making it difficult to see, I bought a Alterra peaked cap which seems to stop it, but then my head overheats & seems to fatigue me quicker.

Top Bottom