Scotland : Stirling & The Trossachs Stirling - Callander - dukes pass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Thanks @Louch , that looks like an excellent route :thumbsup:, haven't been that way on a bike for a while ...
Can't see the route going over Duke's pass though? (not complaining:tongue:, just saying like ;))
It might be best to stay low if this forecast can be believed :rain:

T

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
try again now, have changed settings
That doesn`t go over the dukes pass

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Your route seems to be mostly on A roads, @tug benson?
How about a mix of the two routes? I quite like @Louch's quieter roads, especially near Stirling ... with an (optional:shy:) Duke's Pass loop for adding on from your approx. 14 mile point ... just my 2p :smile:

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...

I see, does that come recommended?
Quote: 'We have Bakewell tarts, stem ginger shortbread, our own granny’s gingerbread, fruit loaf, chocolate cake and of course our very own scones as well as a selection of home made tablet.':hungry::hungry::hungry:
... could always carry on across the A811 after a good refuelling stop, onto the B road through Fintry and via Loch Carron, to avoid A roads on the way back to Stirling :laugh:

tug benson

The only busy A roads are the roads close to stirling, the A84 and the A811 the rest are not very busy

Sorry chaps, sitting this one out for reasons.

tug benson

Am the same rasmus, it will not be a good day for cycling, windy and wet...I'll be staying local and maybe only doing a small ride..

Sunday looks better and next week looks even better weather wise

Top Bottom