1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stolen Bike at Prudential Ride London Freecycle

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes' started by ianrauk, 3 Aug 2017.

1. TinyMyNewt

TinyMyNewt An execrable pun

South coast, UK
    You don't. But I don't understand why you asked it, so I am as free as you are to ask why. I suspect you just want to berate a guy for leaving his bike unlocked, or something equally pointless.
  2. You can suspect anything you want.
    classic33 likes this.
  3. TinyMyNewt

TinyMyNewt An execrable pun

South coast, UK
    Thanks, I know I can.
  4. Jody

Jody Über legend of a forum GOD!

.....and can ride on SPD's stood up wearing trainers.
    Drago likes this.
  5. midlife

midlife Veteran

Silly question but why is he wearing the hi vis top? Is he some rogue imposter?
  6. OP

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah Staff Member

Barmy in Barming

I would guess he picked up a discarded one.
    midlife likes this.
  7. To satisfy those who've curiosity has got the better of them and PM'd me...there's a lock picking tool doing the rounds, which originated in Canada of all places. It defeats cylindrical locks in seconds, the type of lock found on many D locks and armoured cable locks. Johnny Lightfingers doesn't appear to have an angle grinder and 36v battery pack in his pocket, and his man bag appears not to be big enough to conceal even modest bolt croppers, so I was wondering if he might be one of those employing the new tool.

Edit - seems it was locked, and the absence of heavy thieving artillery on the suspect suggests he may indeed have been using such a tool.
    Last edited: 3 Aug 2017
    Lonestar likes this.
  8. He wanted to blend in, so he took one of the tops that they give away freely at these events.

Also, if he was seen taking the bike, the description "white guy, mid twenties, hi viz top, on a Cannondale road bike" won't narrow the search much.
  9. Looks like Alastair Cook.
    He'll probably have some cock and bull story about being at the Oval
    Drago likes this.
  10. smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

The Red Enclave
    Police have already asked a large number of CC members where they were on Saturday afternoon...
    Drago likes this.
  11. Another one? This event seems to be a thieving b*st*rds paradise.
  12. dodgy

dodgy Veteran

Drago likes this.
  13. Dec66

Dec66 Über Member

West Wickham
    I think that bike is in bits by now.

I think that said bits have been distributed all over the place to well-meaning punters by the tea leaf's mates via the gift of Gumtree.

I think the frame will re-emerge as a complete bike in about two years with lots of other bits supplied by the tea leaf's mates, and be flogged, again via the gift of Gumtree.

I think the tea leaf won't be caught, as his mates won't grass and there's enough of his face hidden to create a reasonable doubt.

I hope I'm wrong.
    Drago likes this.