Stolen in Islington - Giant Escape Hybrid bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Harryeds

Hi there

My bike is a men's frame (large) in silver in mint condition with a chrome drink-bottle holder and black bell (the bell has a slight scratch on it). It has the fitting for a torch on the handle bars, but I still have the torch itself. The handle bars and seat have been adjusted to accomodate my height/leg length (I'm approx 6 foot)

This bike was stolen at approx 17:50 on 24th August 2011 outside a Morrison's supermarket (10 Hertslet Roadhttp://London N7 6PL) - it was chained to the railings, but the thieves have managed to break the chain (and taken it with them).

The actual theft happened in the time it took me to put my purse in my bag and there was nobody to be seen on the street immediately afterwards. The police have told me they'll be checking CCTV in the area, but it's highly unlikely that they'll find anything.

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone sees this bike, please let me know!

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
I think it would be more honest if they had told you that it would be highly unlikely if they could be bothered to find anything.
I have read that a bicycle is stolen in London every 30 seconds that equates to 5760 every day. A shocking ammount of peoples hard earned money disappearing. If all these CCTV cameras, pcso's, police and courts were doing the jobs they are paid for properly then these figures would be much lower.
It is a very sad indictment of the country we live in that we have to lock bicycles up at all to prevent them being stolen, or anything else for that matter.
Nothing is sacred these days.
It's said that you need to spend 1/3 of the price of your bike on locks. We shouldn't need to spend anything on locks and the silver and gold standard ones are very heavy.
Stealing someones bike is as low as stealing the tools they use to work to feed their children.

That said I hope you find your bike. Just upsets me thats all.

Top Bottom