Stolen Merida 5000 disc 5000 (red - Salford)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My pride and joy was stolen this afternoon by a couple of scrotes at work :sad:

Climbed over a high fence around the bike shed and broke the lock.

Merida Scultura 5000 Disc in red. Has my name (Bryn Richmond) on stickers on the top tube (covering a paint chip). Garmin out-in-front mount on the handlebars. Otherwise stock.

Attachments

• IMG-20200201-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20200201-WA0009.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 23
Wouldn’t it be nice to live in a world with no crime.

I feel your pain.

OP
OP
M

ManiaMuse

Guru
Sorry to hear this.

Was it secured to something inside the bike shed?
Yeah to a sheffield stand concreted in the ground. Only one lock because I have been lazy recently but it is a fairly secure bike shed in a not very public area (keyfob access, only registered fobs can access). They have been telling people off for tailgating through the door recently but these guys just climbed it (fairly impressive, it is a tall cage and looks difficult to climb). Estates Management said they would look to get spikes or razorwire or something installed at the top of the cage.

Have advertised it on all the places suggested in the sticky thread, registered as stolen on a few sites, have put on a couple of local Facebook groups. Will continue to monitor but I don't have great hopes :sad:

• Hugs
Reactions: C R
OP
OP
M

ManiaMuse

Guru
Insurance paid out pretty quickly (although I had underinsured it a bit) so that is a positive. Still no sign of the bike though :sad:

It is a very distinctive bike, I like in hope that I might find it on the internet someday (unless it has been shipped off to Europe or broken up for parts already)

Top Bottom