Stolen on the first day of commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Exactly this. Plus one addition, learn how to lock it properly, making sure that it goes through the right part of the bike and what you are locking it to. Make sure you don't leave gaps for tools to get access. Make it awkward to access etc.

The link @mjr alludes to is: https://www.lfgss.com/conversations/144109/
Thanks. I couldn't remember what to search for just then.

There was a #ProperLockIt campaign a year or two ago, but basically: two locks, different types, one through rear wheel, frame and parking rack; the other through front wheel, frame and rack. Not always possible but it's the aim.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've had a bike stolen with a cable lock on, never again!
Yes they can cut through a good D lock but theres not many opportunits around with an angle grinder who would use it in broad daylight when the bike is parked in a public space for a very short time, with a lot of people passing by.
If you leave a bike where its not going to be seen like the OP did then anyone can work on it without a care in the world.
Its about making it more difficult, they have got to have the tools, have the time to do it and be able to find it.
This

I got fed up with storing the bikes in the house, so I had an Agard fitted in the garden, £600 very well spent...and it takes 4 full size bikes

I pretty much only use a D Lock away from home if leaving the bike. I'm no lightweight so frankly adding 2kg of Abus to my rack bag makes diddly difference, preferred to putting on the frame

My new work place has secure bike area (hopefully), I've left my spare D lock there, even though I'll probably ride a day a week max, as I also have to carry a heavy old laptop, shoes, clothes etc

"Bike was parked in a gated underground car park in his new apartment."

Unfortunately the replacement will just be begging to get stolen if he leaves it there.

Can't he keep it in his apartment?.

Hi km. Why can't the bike be kept in the apartment ? Is it a case of nowhere to stand it because that did not deter me with my two bikes in the back bedroom of the bungalow.

I just bought two of these and shortened the drop-down legs and then positioned one above the other with the lower bike off of the floor so as to be able to vacuum through without hindrance. The was until I installed the shelving units.
DSCF0060.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wall-Moun...63?epid=1586647354&hash=item43f590b367:g:jP4A

Top Bottom