Stolen road bike Carrera Cortina WB in Liverpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavieB

MIA
Sorry to hear that, Hope you get it back. Dont hold your breath though. Be gutted if I had my bike stole and its not even that nice a bike.

Mark_Phoenix

Sorry to hear about that. Mite be worth phoning round local bike shops to see if anyone has bought it. I know cash convertors on London road by bikes, the thief may have sold it to them.

Hope you get it back.

Mark_Phoenix

I've been in that shop, in local bike shops as well. Nothing.
BTW, people are talking, that one my countryman stole it ....

I live in town and usually have a drink outside Carragher's bar after work on a Friday and sometimes Sunday daytime. On a few occasions I have seen groups of lads lurking around bikes that have been left there and often thought some would get stolen.

Have you contacted the police? I know around the Hilton and Park they monitor the area since it opened. Maybe they can help.

Good luck!

RedBike

I've been in that shop, in local bike shops as well. Nothing.
BTW, people are talking, that one my countryman stole it ....

I used to live very there. Sadly that area always used to be a hot spot for bike theft.

I once had to explain to my landlord why half of the railings from infront of his house were missing. I'd locked my motorbike to the railings and someone had stollen the motorbike by taking a grinder to railings then lifting the bike into a van.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
really Sorry to hear your bike was nicked . Thieves should be hung IMHO.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
So.

I'm 99% sure, that it is my stolen bike:

http://www.loot.com/...ad-bike/5643823

Seller is in Liverpool, where the bike was stolen. The frame size seems to be mine.

Unfortunately - I can do absolutely nothing ... only to see ...

SHIIIIT !!!!! Sorry for emotions ... :sad:
Do you know the frame number of your bike? If so, I'd be tempted to contact the local police and try and get them to do something about it.

When they refuse, tell them that you will be contacting the local newspapers, TV and radio stations to discuss the fact that the police in Liverpool are not interested in catching criminals even when the opportunity to do so is handed to them on a plate!

When they still refuse to do anything, go up the chain of command and tell them that you will be contacting the local media because their underlings are not doing their jobs.

If they still don't do anything, contact the media.

It's not like it will only be one bike. They are probably stealing all kinds of stuff. If the police catch them with a stolen bike, they might be able to solve lots of other cases of theft while they are at it.

Good luck!

ohnovino

Large Member
If you Google the mobile number on the ad, there's a few interesting results. Apparently someone got him a brand new Orbea bike that he didn't want :whistle:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I am sure you will, but go with a friend and don't confront the guy if it is your bike. Go to the police and tell them you have positively identified it from specific marks etc. and let them do their job.

Top Bottom