Stolen Voodoo

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes' started by Plutocrat, 18 Apr 2010.

1. Plutocrat

Plutocrat New Member

Hi All,

This is my first post, so please bear with me a little please.

I have just had my Voodoo Bantu stolen (last Thursday) from my local train station. It was locked using a Magnum Plus 305 (Sold Secure Gold rated) lock and locked directly in sight of CCTV of the station.

I have it insured via Cycle guard and I registered the lock and got 1 years theft cover on that too... My house insurance only covers up £250.00 quid..

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience of either of these with regards to claiming for thefts. If so could you offer any advice and/or share your experience please....

Im not hearing good stuff about cycle guard so am a bit concerned to say the least.....sigh...

Thanks guys

I am still absolutely gutted. :smile::sad::smile::sad::angry::sad::biggrin:

Plutocrat.

2. e-rider

e-rider crappy member

Sorry mate!

Theft cover from the lock is always a nightmare to claim from - you'll need the broken lock for a start.

3. OP
    OP
    Plutocrat

Plutocrat New Member

Thanks for your reply.

The lock was stolen too - got back to station to go home and everything was gone.

I am awaiting the BTP CCTV details, not that it will help that much i'm sure, sigh....

Plutocrat

4. e-rider

e-rider crappy member

I just looked up your lock and.......it's a cable with steel plates around it! Unfortunately they are as soft as butter - 5 seconds for bolt croppers!

Sold secure is a useless system that is under review. They don't even use the 2 most effective and widely used tools in their tests: bolt croppers and stubby hydraulic jacks.

Bolt croppers make light work of ALL cable based locks (like yours) and mini hydraulic jacks are a good way to break D-locks (if there is enough space to get them in).

Sorry for the bad news.

5. Kr4t0z

Kr4t0z New Member

A friend had a similar lock and his bike was stolen too in Nottingham

6. OP
    OP
    Plutocrat

Plutocrat New Member

My Cycleguard claim has been approved - so I can at least get a replacement....

Funnily enough there's a Voodoo Bantu for sale on Ebay now..... going very cheap for the quality of the bike....I wonder....

7. Kr4t0z

Kr4t0z New Member

Hey Plutocrat,

I found a Voodoo Bantu just advertised on Gumtree: http://www.gumtree.com/london/24/57910424.html

You haven't described your bike and was hard for me to decide whether was stolen.

P.S: I'm not saying it's stolen. I'm just trying to help Plutocrat.

8. OP
    OP
    Plutocrat

Plutocrat New Member

Hi,

This isn't my stolen bike - but thanks anyway.

Mine was the 2009 model (currently available in Halfords) and is a Metallic grey/silver colour....

9. derekg

derekg New Member

hi plutu

just out of interest which station was it?
    i ask because i just had my voodoo bantu stolen from brighton station and that was locked with a masterplus 110 cm chain(sold secure gold) and my lock was taken as well. i only assume they cut the lock and intend to use the chain
    i am also insured with E&l insurance still waiting both cctv footage and insurance decision.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice