Stolen Voodoo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plutocrat

Hi All,

This is my first post, so please bear with me a little please.

I have just had my Voodoo Bantu stolen (last Thursday) from my local train station. It was locked using a Magnum Plus 305 (Sold Secure Gold rated) lock and locked directly in sight of CCTV of the station.

I have it insured via Cycle guard and I registered the lock and got 1 years theft cover on that too... My house insurance only covers up £250.00 quid..

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience of either of these with regards to claiming for thefts. If so could you offer any advice and/or share your experience please....

Im not hearing good stuff about cycle guard so am a bit concerned to say the least.....sigh...

Thanks guys

I am still absolutely gutted. :smile::sad::smile::sad::angry::sad::biggrin:

Plutocrat.

e-rider

crappy member
Sorry mate!

Theft cover from the lock is always a nightmare to claim from - you'll need the broken lock for a start.

OP
OP
P

Plutocrat

Thanks for your reply.

The lock was stolen too - got back to station to go home and everything was gone.

I am awaiting the BTP CCTV details, not that it will help that much i'm sure, sigh....

Plutocrat

e-rider

crappy member
I just looked up your lock and.......it's a cable with steel plates around it! Unfortunately they are as soft as butter - 5 seconds for bolt croppers!

Sold secure is a useless system that is under review. They don't even use the 2 most effective and widely used tools in their tests: bolt croppers and stubby hydraulic jacks.

Bolt croppers make light work of ALL cable based locks (like yours) and mini hydraulic jacks are a good way to break D-locks (if there is enough space to get them in).

Sorry for the bad news.

OP
OP
P

Plutocrat

My Cycleguard claim has been approved - so I can at least get a replacement....

Funnily enough there's a Voodoo Bantu for sale on Ebay now..... going very cheap for the quality of the bike....I wonder....

derekg

hi plutu

just out of interest which station was it?
i ask because i just had my voodoo bantu stolen from brighton station and that was locked with a masterplus 110 cm chain(sold secure gold) and my lock was taken as well. i only assume they cut the lock and intend to use the chain
i am also insured with E&l insurance still waiting both cctv footage and insurance decision.

Top Bottom