Stoned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sounds like my first one, slight ache developing into severe pain. Had a few minor relapses but nothing as bad. You have to adopt a hard drinking lifestyle and keep your pee clear, avoid whatever chemical caused the stone ( different foods for different composition). Keep some of those prescription painkillers handy but beware taking them abroad to some countries without a copy of the prescription.

gbb

Legendary Member
I was told a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed in a glass of water will help break down a kindney stone.
The pain only comes when the stone is moving and on it’s way out though, so I now have a glass daily to prevent going through that brutal pain again in the future.
Brutal pain just about says it really...brutal, eye popping, teeth clenching, rocking on the floor pain :sad:

Skanker

Mine was only 3mm so not as bad as some people have to deal with, my pal Russel passed an 8mm stone!
It must have been like trying to piss out a marble!

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I had one a couple of years ago. My dad had dozens. I don't want another. Doc told me to take it in to health centre so they could say what may have caused it but they lost it.
Here's photo
WP_20160402_11_01_02_Rich.jpg

Bit broke off but looks like it was 5mm.

OP
OP
Sharky

Sharky

Guru
Still waiting for mine to pop out. Knowing what it is and recognising when the pain is on its way is making it a bit easier to live with. But in pain to some extent everyday.

C R

Guru
Still waiting for mine to pop out. Knowing what it is and recognising when the pain is on its way is making it a bit easier to live with. But in pain to some extent everyday.
My mum passed a few over the years, not fun, but it does eventually pass.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
When I went to Doc's I went to produce a water sample, he told Mrs GP that he had a recent mum in with kidney stone. She had said it was worse than childbirth.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Childbirth is something akin to man flu, or so they tell me. :okay:
The age-old question has now been answered. What's more painful, childbirth or being kicked in the bollocks? Well there won't be many who are equipped to be able to answer that question but a bit of applied science presents us with the answer; being kicked in the bollocks is more painful. How was this answer arrived at? Well although childbirth is thought to be quite painful, you often get women voluntarily going through the process again and having more than one such event whereas you won't find many men who request a second go at having that done to them. So there we are, being kicked in the bollocks is more painful than childbirth.

And the next question is...how can we make Brexit a success?

keithmac

Guru
My friend suffered for years from kidney stones, he's been into the hospital several times to have ultrasound? sessions to break them up.

They never found the cause but I believe he's not had one for a while now.

Top Bottom