thanks so much for all your thoughts on the topic.
Especially thoughts on the survey (twiggy)
I don't want it to be biased so i can get an honest opinion of the cycling public. I'll see if i can change it without affecting all the results.
I'm a big fan of the booby trap methods but not sure glasgow city council would be up for installing them around town!
I cycled up to the rack at uni i park and there was a guy levering a lock with a screw driver. He kept going even though I was there. When i spoke to the police they said most bike thieves are on drugs and don't even realise you're there! I grabbed his hand and yanked off and he ran away. It's crazy how blatantly people steal bikes.
take a look at bikeoff.org it's a great site for designing out bike theft
Just had my bike stolen in Glasgow town center,How about bike stands with built on heavy duty locks ,either that or just get a shitty bike thats not worth stealing
How about a very simple sticker on the frame that says "GPS Tracker fitted"
The kids on my patch have been told that police bikes have the device fitted and for that reason don't knick them. Criminals by enlarge are not the brightest of people and are very concerned by the "Big Brother" thing.... they may well belive it!
Hang on, this is the third such survey in the last week or so.
Sorry, but I think it's bad form to show up on a forum as a noob, ask us to do this then never come back. Get a few hundred posts in, become a regular, and show you are remotely interested in cycling and I might be more obliging.
Have to agree here, I have no interest in helping some random student with his survey, as generally these surveys are just pointless and no one takes any notice so why bother.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.