Stop talking about peeing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Eeek. My dad died of metastasised prostate cancer at 70, so I'm a bit keen to keep on top of the issue.
I get regular blood tests with the hypertension, so I've asked them to test for PSA too.
I have to get up once fairly often, but very rarely twice.

Slick

Guru
Eeek. My dad died of metastasised prostate cancer at 70, so I'm a bit keen to keep on top of the issue.
I get regular blood tests with the hypertension, so I've asked them to test for PSA too.
I have to get up once fairly often, but very rarely twice.
I sleep right through the night. That isn't necessarily the only indicator of issues but your obviously looking after things so all good.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Doctor has given me medication to try for a month.See if i go less.Got to report back in four weeks.A mention of Finasteride on here.I hated that pill,it caused me problems but other people it did not,we are all different.

kynikos

Veteran
Not keen to be on Finasteride long term I asked at Jimmies for a 'rebore'. They were happy to do it - a far better solution IMHO.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Ok update,the tablets seem to be working.I am doing my bit.So no cola sort of drinks,also cut back in the Guinness I noticed I was slipping four bottles in to the house every fortnight.So that has stopped and I dont drink anything after 18-00.So getting some good night's in.Can't day much about being out during the day cos I am not going any further than local walks.So I have been given two months worth and again keep an eye out for any changes.Oh the joys of getting old.

Finasteride
I take that for my hair

12boy

Guru
I too am one of the many nightly whizzers but I am more troubled by getting back to sleep than anything else. Surprisingly, to me anyway, if I drink lots of water but no caffeine late in the day I wake up less. Kinda expected to be forgetful and frail as I aged but I should have realized how humiliating the complaints of old age are....incontinence, crepey skin, perhaps a wattle or two, hair migrated from the head to the ears and nose, having to beg for things to be repeated ad nauseum, etc etc. Screw that...think I will go ride my bike instead of fixating on the absence of dignity.
As Bob Dole said during his presedential campaign if he wore boxers or briefs....Depends.

When out and about I'm OK in the countryside, lots of trees to use.
My trouble is in built up areas, I never pass a loo without considering whether to use it or not.
If I need a pee and no loo is nearby it seems to increase the urgency to pee. I've not had an accident yet but it's been close.:whistle:

kynikos

Veteran
a what now? Is it as unpleasant as it sounds?
They did suggest an epidural; I did insist on being out for the count. Not as bad as it sounds. In and op on day one. Overnight stay and discharged the following day providing all's working and it was. Had it twice now, 10 years apart, and no reason not to go for another one if needed in due course.
My preference is always the knife rather than long term drugs with inevitable side effects. One day's pain or a lifetime of angst? And, in the case of finasteride, infinitely better than possible impotence and growing man-boobs.

Top Bottom