Storm damage… the morning after the night before.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member

Could be a rough afternoon here. Got some dodgy flashing on the apex of my roof after last week's storm, every rattle has my nerves jangling.. Been trying to get a roofer to fix it, but they all seem to be months behind with work, and obviously won't go up on a roof in high winds. So that probably rules out about 50% of days between now and March.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
my thoughts go out to those who are getting battered again after last week especially vulnerable people still without utilities

T4tomo

Legendary Member
my thoughts go out to those who are getting battered again after last week especially vulnerable people still without utilities
Me too. Its shocking that they haven't even been connected up from Arwen

On a lighter note, does anyone know anyone called Barra?
I'm on tenterhooks for Strom Dudley to pass through the west midlands in January....

Brandane

Legendary Member
Apart from being an island in the outer Hebrides, home of the clan MacNeil, I know of no-one called Barra!
Ironically, Barra is usually in the path of most storms to hit the UK, but the outer Hebrides seem to be escaping the effects of storm Barra.

Me too. Its shocking that they haven't even been connected up from Arwen

I'm on tenterhooks for Strom Dudley to pass through the west midlands in January....
It's Anglo/Irish/Dutch naming convention isn't it. There's some interesting Irish names on the list that I hope we won't need this season. I think we only needed 5 last year ?

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Storm Barra here - just one lost compost bin lid and overturned wheelie bins so far. Almost exactly opposite wind direction to Arwen. Maybe it will straighten our clothes line post? Will we lose power again??

raleighnut

Legendary Member

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Wow!

You can really see why this happened a few years back, before they rebuilt the sea wall (hopefully a LOT stronger!)...

I didn't know about that length of line on my first rail trip to Penzance. I dozed off sitting at the window seat on the left and woke up to find that the train was IN THE SEA!!!!!!!!! :eek: At least that's what it looked like - from my slumped position all I could see to my left was waves! :laugh:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Wow!

You can really see why this happened a few years back, before they rebuilt the sea wall (hopefully a LOT stronger!)...

I didn't know about that length of line on my first rail trip to Penzance. I dozed off sitting at the window seat on the left and woke up to find that the train was IN THE SEA!!!!!!!!! :eek: At least that's what it looked like - from my slumped position all I could see to my left was waves! :laugh:

yes they have done a massive project , the new sea wall is thicker.taller and has that curve at the top to send the wave back.Even so the waves were getting onto the track yesterday.
Its one of my favourite holiday places as i have been going there for over 40 years off and on so i drop in 0n the web cams now and then,
1638946477132.png

Top Bottom