Stormy Week Ahead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ClaireSaud

Veteran
Here I am, sat at work, dreading the commute home tonight in a 16mph headwind (I'm a wimp)...... however this has paled into insignificance after seeing Thursday's weather!! Very cold with "feel like" temperatures from 2 degress (AM commute) to 6 degrees (PM commute) and 40mph gusts!! :cold: Strangley enough I am starting to come around to the idea of the challenge. Been commuting since May so this will be my 1st test in colder conditions.

Does anyone else relish/enjoy the challenges of colder conditions?

Davidc

Guru
Where are you? Doesn't look that bad here.

Provided it's not going to actually freeze just pile on the layers. 40mph gusts means slow down.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Yep, wind is going to be about 25mph here and about 10 degrees on Thursday. Today and tomorrow dont look too bad. Its a shame that Thursday is the only day I commute to college. I will just have to remember to wrap up warm and set off very early.

classic33

Leg End Member
Its not that bad & you'll soon get used to it. Just in time for when the cold weather hits.

Downward

Guru
Still in shorts and T Shirt in Sunny Birmingham.

I watch the weather every few hours and have some extra wet weather/cold weather gear on me at all times though ! Worst time of year.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Wind is all right if it's steady. I was half way across Battersea Bridge over the Thames last year when I was hit by a sudden gust. It blew me a yard across the road. Not good with the double decker that was a few yards behind at the time. I walked across on the pavement the next time it was windy.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
As long as you've got the correct gear; long sleeved/legged with decent gloves you'll be fine. A waterproof jacket helps in the rain.

These days I do my 10+ mile each-way commute by bike almost every day, whatever the weather.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
THat sort of wind is pretty normal here on the west coast. If the wind is a side wind then watch out for gaps in walls/hedges or between buildings, and be careful not to fall over when a truck passes you on the windy side.

Other than that just put a decent jacket on and accept it may take a bit longer if there's a headwind. Good resistance training! :smile:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
There is no such thing as the wrong weather, just wrong clothing :training:

Top Bottom