Stormy Week Ahead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
yup same here...i dont mind the wind rain etc in the morning...but hate it going home....the last 2 nights have been brutal head and crosswinds

Surprisingly unwindy at a measly 15mph up north and a northerly so allegedly a cross wind to and from work!
Was very windy yesterday on the way in and I was just thinking about the 49-50mph winds we normally get up by the airport this time of year.

Got my new cyclocross so looking forward to the snow and ice commute challenge this winter:cold:

OP
OP
ClaireSaud

ClaireSaud

Veteran
Thanks to you all for your advice and kind words. Will follow the advice you have given me. Looking forward to the tailwind..... Will make up for my pathetic attempt with the headwind :smile:

Hip Priest

Veteran
I don't look forward to it, but with the right clothing, even the coldest temps are do-able.

The only time I get the train is when there is ice on the roads, but even that can be overcome with spiked tyres.

ive been cycling to work since july when the weather was nice and hot..but tonights commute home i didnt enjoy,,i had my first encounter with strong winds,,i must say it was a hard battle home and i got back 10 mins later than normal!..the rain dont bother me neither will the cold,,but wasent keen on that wind at all!!...cheers...dean,,,,

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Riding home today was into a 32mph wind* along the coast. Makes for interesting handling when the gusts get up. Also a bit cold :cold:

*Weather station is 3 miles north of me

classic33

Leg End Member
I love English weather !
Not as bad as you thought then?

Cupra

I did have a plan to get a lift home tonight but I found the coat I had left at work for times like these and other than the bit I wasn't moving due to the wind it was alright. It started to rain 4 miles from home too and with 28mph winds I thought weather like this would make me sad but It was fine. It did take longer to get home tonight but I didn't expect to be fast with headwinds and crosswinds like that. Roll on them tail winds!

OP
OP
ClaireSaud

ClaireSaud

Veteran
It took me a bit longer to get into work because of the viscious side wind. Might go home a different way to experience the tail wind - it is an extra 6 miles but they will wizz by!!

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I didnt want to cycle in today because of the wind, but I woke up too late to get the bus. It was a good job I didnt spend money on the bus too, because it would have been to no avail.
I cycled in and the ride was okay. I had a side wind which gave me little blasts every so often and a headwind just as I was approaching college.

The commute home is a little bit dodgey though. Headwind all the way home wont be fun. At least I have pizza and nachos waiting for me when I get home.:hungry:

I get a certain enjoyment out of cycling in the winter weather but then I am a bit of a sadist :smile:

I gave up driving in November 2009 so didn't start off as a fair weather cyclist; throwing myself in at the deep end soon toughened me up so to say. The only weather I'm really not keen on is headwinds because they're so energy zapping.

Top Bottom