Strade Bianche 2021 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Thoroughly disapproving as I am of the habit of big races being put in the Minor Races thread, here's one for the great Strade Bianche, which has rapidly gained major-league status.

Disappointing that Eurosport only covered the last 20km of the women's race today. Those 20km were visually stunning as ever, though, and some fine racing on display. Shame for Longo Borghini, given the work she was putting in at the end, but van den Broek-Blaak's tactics were spot on, and I like her elegant riding style too.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Yes great to see some live coverage but a shame it was only the last stone road and the finale. Were the women faster than expected? Because it seems we have old race highlights as filler before the men's race now.

OP
OP
Foghat

Foghat

That's a plausible explanation. Hopefully the helicopter crew can refuel and get their lunches down quickly so we can have some images of the men's action asap now.....

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
Foghat

Foghat

Hoping to see Out van Waert take it again, but I suspect Julie Phillips will win this one....probably dropping Adri van der Poel on the final climb.

Last edited:

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Pidcock may be the most talented young man in the pelotón, but in this field it will be hard for him to overcome massjve physical disadvantage...
(Surly now he will win it now just to spite me)

Simmons just had the longest wheel swap ever

Last edited:

Eziemnaik

Über Member
VVA kaput:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Eziemnaik

Über Member
If he somehow wings it now it will be awesome comeback...
Alaphillipe, for all his faults is the most exciting rider these days

Eziemnaik

Über Member
In the second group there is no cooperation at all
MVDPs to loose now
Sprint difference was ridiculous:laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom