Strange cat.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, cats *are* creatures of habit... :laugh:

Worth getting her trapped and spayed given she's turned up again. At this time of year, she could well be preggers again pretty much PDQ.

Yep, 'Lord Fluffington' has taken to prowling at night again, he is a lad. :becool:

Fortunately, Mr Gingernuts, who the girls take pretty short shrift to, is now Mr Gingernutless. :laugh:

We (when I say we, I mean CP and the lady on the neighbouring farm whose barn he sleeps in) managed to do a TNR on him over the summer. He'll be a much happier lad without those pompoms. And funnily enough, I don't see him as much anymore... :laugh:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Fortunately, Mr Gingernuts, who the girls take pretty short shrift to, is now Mr Gingernutless. :laugh:

We (when I say we, I mean CP and the lady on the neighbouring farm whose barn he sleeps in) managed to do a TNR on him over the summer. He'll be a much happier lad without those pompoms. And funnily enough, I don't see him as much anymore... :laugh:
We don't know if he's someone else's Cat though, he spends a lot of time at ours but he may have a home too. The plan is if he ever comes in needing the vet for injuries to have him done then but as he is fine with all of ours he gets to keep em for now.
In other news there is an almost identical Cat that we see sometimes, whether this one is a sibling or an offspring I don't know.

We don't know if he's someone else's Cat though, he spends a lot of time at ours but he may have a home too. The plan is if he ever comes in needing the vet for injuries to have him done then but as he is fine with all of ours he gets to keep em for now.
In other news there is an almost identical Cat that we see sometimes, whether this one is a sibling or an offspring I don't know.

Quite possibly - there are a lot of folks around who, for whatever reason, won't neuter their cats. Wouldn't surprise me if sibling / offspring is the case. Madam Lexi has around 300 relatives living in the local area...

I should explain - we i.e. Ely CP, took 42 cats out of one house, and Lexi was the mother of the entire males in that house. The woman was selling kittens through the local small ads.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Quite possibly - there are a lot of folks around who, for whatever reason, won't neuter their cats. Wouldn't surprise me if sibling / offspring is the case. Madam Lexi has around 300 relatives living in the local area...

I should explain - we i.e. Ely CP, took 42 cats out of one house, and Lexi was the mother of the entire males in that house. The woman was selling kittens through the local small ads.
I don't think there's a 'cat hoarder' locally but I suspect there is a semi-feral cat colony nearby, good pickings to be had by cat-flap-burglary . That's how 'Fluff' found us and he's by no means the first in fact he's the 3rd to have adopted us but there have been many others who didn't move in and just treated the kitchen as a Café (there's always 2 bowls of biccies down, normally Whiskas and Go-Cat)

I don't think there's a 'cat hoarder' locally but I suspect there is a semi-feral cat colony nearby, good pickings to be had by cat-flap-burglary . That's how 'Fluff' found us and he's by no means the first in fact he's the 3rd to have adopted us but there have been many others who didn't move in and just treated the kitchen as a Café (there's always 2 bowls of biccies down, normally Whiskas and Go-Cat)

Well, you know as well as I that cats are masters of upgrading their lifestyle... :blush:

I live in between two feral colonies - after dark, I see all manner of cats hunting in the garden. Don't see hide nor hair of them during the day as Poppy and Lexi are very territorial.

Trouble is, when I'm trying to trap a specific cat (usually a male needing a pompomectomy) I'll catch all sorts of cats except the one I want. :laugh: There was one particularly irate blue tortie and white, whose command of feline swear words was quite legendary. I had to wear leather gauntlets to open the trap in order to release her... :wacko:

Mrs M

Guru
“Pompomectomy” :laugh:
They do look just like those wee pom-poms you get on throws and such like :giggle:

Top Bottom