Strange cat.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A lad I was out with today said their cat had moved 'in' to their house. They even knew who were the original owners were and did speak to them about it. My neighbour's cat spends most of it's time at another neighbour's in the corner of the cul de sac.

https://thecatgallery.co.uk/collections/t-shirts/products/at-least-the-cat-loves-me-t-shirt-navy

1574016127158.png

Cata are very talented at upgrading their lifestyle. Smart wee things. Welcome to the fantastic world of being a cat owner slave ^_^

I would still be inclined to make a few local inquiries to check he or she doesn't belong to someone - just in case, although going by what you say @Racing roadkill it doesn't seem likely.

Plus looking at neutering if it hasn't been done already. If a boy hasn't had a pompomectomy it's pretty obvious, both from a visual and olfactory perspective. Girls are more difficult, but if a girl suddenly becomes markedly more affectionate and has a predilection for shoving her bum in your face, then likely she hasn't been spayed. Oh, and she might get a bit operatic as well...

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
When she first turned up, she really was very scrawny, and neglected looking. She ate like a horse, and spent a lot of time making herself at home, she nearly doubled her size, then disappeared as quickly as she had appeared. We have a theory that she may have been accidentally abandoned, and was trying to find where the people that had owned her had gone. There was no chip, or collar or anything, but she was showing behaviour that indicated she wasn’t a stray. Anyway, she did a disappearing act, and hasn’t re appeared. However, another cat has appeared, and started to make himself at home as well, but we think we know who this one belongs to, and is just being a cheeky sod. There were a few bits of cat food and the like, left from the last visitor, and he’s finished those off, so that’s a bonus.

This one is as daft as a brush, and sort of ‘snorts’ rather than meows when he wants something, which is hilarious. He comes and goes, but doesn’t spend all night indoors, like the other one did, this one isn’t at all neglected either.

alicat

Legendary Member
This one is as daft as a brush, and sort of ‘snorts’ rather than meows when he wants something, which is hilarious. He comes and goes, but doesn’t spend all night indoors, like the other one did, this one isn’t at all neglected either.

I read somewhere that miaowing is cats attempting to talk 'human', rather than something they do to communicate to other cats. Perhaps your latest visitor didn't get that memo.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I saw something on TV saying that cats don't meow at other cats. They've obviously never seen two cats on a fence blocking each others way.

When she first turned up, she really was very scrawny, and neglected looking. She ate like a horse, and spent a lot of time making herself at home, she nearly doubled her size, then disappeared as quickly as she had appeared. We have a theory that she may have been accidentally abandoned, and was trying to find where the people that had owned her had gone. There was no chip, or collar or anything, but she was showing behaviour that indicated she wasn’t a stray. Anyway, she did a disappearing act, and hasn’t re appeared.

This worries me... Sounds like she may have been pregnant, and has probably holed up somewhere to give birth...

Top Bottom