Strange/funny things that took you by surprise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Earlier on I pulled into a parking bay to drop someone off. By coincidence it was directly opposite a particular solicitors....and this memory came back.
Years ago I appointed this solicitor to act for me. I had never met him before but had written to him.
He was sat behind his desk when I was shown in. After some general chat about the problem he came around the desk to get the file and.........
I kid you not, he was wearing a skirt, black tights/stockings and high heeled ladies shoes. Shirt, tie and jacket up top.
Afterwards I asked around and sure enough he was known as a cross dresser.
Each to his own but it surprised me.

wormo

Guru
I know who you mean. Well known around the professional circles around warrington.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Of course Dave didn't get to the surprise until he got invited in for coffee after the first date.

A hell of a surprise ! :laugh:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Of course Dave didn't get to the surprise until he got invited in for coffee after the first date.
I actually knew his wife for many years before that happened**. They had 2 children. Thats one of the reasons I was SO surprised......the fact that his background seems perfectly normal.
** not the first date part, just meeting him part^_^

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I had a similar experience a few years back when I went into the local VW parts store to pick up some spares. There was a lady behind the counter and I was fiddling with my phone when I heard a hoarse norf London voice ring out which I connected to the lady. Unfortunate how they don't seem able to change the voice.

Top Bottom