Strange little high street.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Had a wander up and down Birchington high street this morning. No more than 300 yards but it included two florists, two dry cleaners, two craft/wool shops, two funeral directors, two co ops mini supermarkets 100 yards apart on the same side of the street:wacko: and two.....

DSC_0576.JPG

......pet stores right next to each other.....there may be trouble ahead:boxing:. Loads of take outs, 3-4 Indians, 3 chippies, 2-3 Chinese's 5-6 cafes at least and others.

Only one of me though.

alicat

Legendary Member
Sure you haven't got double vision? And where's Birchington when it's at home?

Been to Birchington many times as it's the birth place of my my in-laws, My wife's Grandfather owned the builders that built the extension of the Powel-Cotton museum at Quex Park. We used to stay at Two Chimneys camp site next to Quex. The nearby Minnis Bay to Reculver sea wall has been cycled a few times by forum rides.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Been to Birchington many times as it's the birth place of my my in-laws, My wife's Grandfather owned the builders that built the extension of the Powel-Cotton museum at Quex Park. We used to stay at Two Chimneys camp site next to Quex. The nearby Minnis Bay to Reculver sea wall has been cycled a few times by forum rides.

I've done Whitstable to Margate and round the coast to Sandwich a few times in both directions, the sea wall along the Whitstable-Margate stretch gets a bit wearing with that little bump in the path every 15 yards....,du dum, du dum,du dum,du dum but it's only about 15 miles worth.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
The two Co-op thing is not unique. For some reason, in Denmead (eight miles up the road from me) there are two right opposite each other. One does appear to be a post office though...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The two Co-op thing is not unique. For some reason, in Denmead (eight miles up the road from me) there are two right opposite each other. One does appear to be a post office though...
Usually different co-ops, sometimes both licensing the same brand (most often the green one), sometimes both near the edge of their areas.

Locally there are 4 hairdressers two on each side of the (dual carriageway) street. Suppose it gives the local ladies a choice without the inconvenience of crossing the road.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Usually different co-ops, sometimes both licensing the same brand (most often the green one), sometimes both near the edge of their areas.

Talking to a local it seems it's about keeping out the competition. A large unit became available and the co ops moved in and are trying to still keep the smaller one going too. However Sainsburys snapped up a smaller unit right next door.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
The Pet shops is weird though which one came first and then the sanity of the person who open the second one. My educated bet, one on the right first left second....

Top Bottom