strange omens

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Cycling in today, I saw a buzzard in the middle of Reading and a duck in the middle of campus, although, to be fair, there is a lake not that far away. I can't help feeling this portents something.;)

spindrift

My mate had that and he died.

Ranger

Arch said:
What was the buzzard in the middle of reading? I didn't know they could read, that's interesting...

You might see that as a joke, but when I lived in Reading I was walking past WH Smiths and saw a sign "Don't tax reading" and turned round to my mate and asked "Why are they going to tax Reading?":blush: Took me years to live that down

You probably need to look carefully at the capitals of reading and Reading to get it in text

Origamist

Legendary Member
Yellow Fang said:
Cycling in today, I saw a buzzard in the middle of Reading and a duck in the middle of campus, although, to be fair, there is a lake not that far away. I can't help feeling this portents something.;)

Pantophobia?

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Arch said:
What was the buzzard in the middle of reading? I didn't know they could read, that's interesting...

Probably the entrails of some poor furry animal.

Plax

Guru
I saw another dead sheep. It has been there 2 days now. Wonder how long it will take the farmer to move it.

spindrift

I cycled past a rather ripe dead fox on the tow path.

Plus, horribly, a seagull flying down Shoreditch High Street with a pigeon weakly flapping in its beak.

I cycled past what I thought were two dead badgers yesterday (on the way to the pub after work), then I realised each only had two legs and one had no head.

On the way back one of the halves had left the scene.

Top Bottom